Just after an update was released for Sony Xperia T2 Ultra devices, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual Android KitKat 4.4 update has also arrived. Similar to the single SIM variant, this update brings all the goodies of KitKat 4.4 along with some custom Sony UI enhancements.
The Sony’s designers have customized the quick settings & status bar to give it more pleasing look to the eyes. They have also added new animations to the launch and homescreen that look similar to PlayStation 4.
Sony has also updated the pre-installed Sony apps with this update. The changelog for the update is provided below
- Google’s Android KitKat 4.4- All the goodies of KitKat including performance and UI enhancements.
- Tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings- Customized Status Bar and Quick Settings which makes it easy on the eyes and ensures that you only receive customizations that you really need.
- New UI- All the Sony PlayStation 4 users will find the new user interface very similar. This update includes similar sleek launch animation and live wallpaper across the lock and homescreens.
- Update Sony apps- Sony has updated many native app portfolio to the latest versions. Many Sony apps such as Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, etc have been update to bring tweaked/improved/current experience.
- Sony Media apps- WALKMAN, Album and Movies with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service entertainment experience- Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds and lots more.
- Sony Xperia Themes- You have access to more than 280 themes and styles for your Xperia smartphone..
- Compatability with Samsung SmartWear devices- SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog app enables you to record social, physical and entertainment activities and see all these information on a beautiful interface.
As always, the update will be released in form of an OTA (Over-The-Air) update, which means that the update will be released in gradual steps. This means that not all the users will get the update at once. Also your carrier might delay the update according to their desire.
Sony also revealed that Xperia E1 and M2 devices are next on their checklist. If any Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Dual users have received the update on their device then please review the update for us.