We recently posted that an official KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 Black Edition has arrived. Since there is no official date as to when this update will be rolled out, it might be a while until the OTA (Over-The-Air) update arrives for your device. However, since sammobile has released an official KitKat 4.4.2 firmware for S4 Mini Black Edition, you can manually install KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195.
Just follow this guide to install the official KitKat 4.4.2 firmware on your device. Since this is an official update, this update won’t break your warranty. Just make sure that you are flashing the firmware on international variant GT-I9195 only not any other variant.
Following this procedure incorrectly or interrupting flashing procedure may result in a brick. We are not responsible for any damage that occurs with your device. Flashing may delete your personal data on internal storage so make a backup.
[How To] Install KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers by the help of our guide.
- 2Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.zip and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe with some other files. Run this file as an Administrator.
- 3Download and extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar file.
- 4On Odin, select the AP button and browse for the above .tar file.
- 5Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked. Double check to ensure that Repartition box should remain unchecked.
- 6Switch off and boot it in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button unless you see a Warning! Screen. Then press Volume Up to enter in Download Mode.
Congrats!! You have successfully Installed KitKat 4.4.2 update on your S4 Mini GT-i9195.
- If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that correct device drivers are installed. Also try replugging your device into a different USB port.
- If you see a FAIL message instead of PASS message in Odin then disconnect your device, close Odin, check if Kies isn’t running in background and then follow the entire procedure once again. If you still feel confused then post a request for unbrick tutorial for your device here.
- If after completing the procedure successfully, you are stuck in a bootloop then power off your device and boot it in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons. In recovery, perform a cache wipe and factory data reset.
- If you are stuck on setup connection error then make sure that Kies isn’t running in the background. Kies is known to mess with Odin, so it shouldn’t be running when you are working with Odin.
How do you find this “Install KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195” guide? Did it worked properly for you? Please comment below if you tried this procedure or faced any problems while flashing the update.