In past few weeks, we have seen many tablets and smartphones getting the latest KitKat 4.4.2 update. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 (Wi-Fi + 3G) was initially launched in the month of April 2013 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box. Just after a month, the device received an OTA (Over-The-Air) update for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Since then, the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 users were waiting for an update
Samsung has suddenly thought to update the device and instead of giving the device a Jelly Bean 4.2 or 4.3 update, Samsung has directly jumped to release the KitKat 4.4.2 update for device.
Android KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G build T211XXBNF5 is available now via an OTA update though it might be some time until you receive the update. Although there is another way to install the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 update for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G, firmware build T211XXBNF5 on your device manually, via Odin.
This guide will help you in installing the latest KitKat 4.4.2 on your device manually. Make sure that you follow the guide completely and perform each step correctly.
- The firmware currently available is for Italy region but can be flashed on your device, if it has same model number (SM-T211).
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 80% battery power
- Backup important data and settings to external storage
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery.
- Root permissions will be revoked.
- You will need a Windows PC
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If you don’t see Developer Options then go to Settings > More/General/About tab. There you will find Build version menu, click it 7 times to enable Developer Mode. Then repeat step 2.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC and make sure that your device is detected when you connect it to PC via USB cable. Unplug your device before following this procedure.
Steps to install Android KitKat 4.4.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G build T211XXBNF5
- 1Download and extract the ITV-T211XXBNF5-20140703170455.zip, inside you will find a .tar.md5 file.
- 2Download and extract the Odin_v3.09.zip file, inside you will find Odin3 v3.09.exe, run it as Administrator.
- 3Power off and start your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for about 2 seconds until you see a Warning Screen, then just press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- 4Now connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- 5If your device is detected by PC then the ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue.
- 6On Odin, click on AP button and browse for the .tar.md5 firmware file.
- 7Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked. All other boxes should remain unchecked.
- 8Re-check all the steps above and then press Start button.
- 9Installation process will begin now, it might take about 5 minutes for the process to complete so have patience.
- 10Once the installation is complete, Odin will show PASS message and your device will reboot. You can now unplug your device.
First boot is always the longest. Once boot is complete, you will be presented with Welcome Screen. Congrats!! You have now latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211.
- If your device isn’t detected by Odin then make sure that you have correct device drivers installed on your machine. Try reconnecting your device, changing USB port/cable, or re-installing your device drivers.
- If Odin is getting interrupted then make sure that USB cable is properly connected and Kies isn’t running in background.
- If you receive FAIL message instead of PASS then reboot your PC, disconnect your device and follow the entire guide once again.
- If you are stuck at bootloop, i.e. your device keeps restarting then Power off and start your device in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home +Power buttons simultaneously. Then perform a factory reset.