Philz Touch Recovery is a custom recovery that provides users with lots more options than the stock recovery that comes pre-installed on the devices. A custom recovery has a lot of advance options that the stock recovery doesn’t provide. Some of these features include installing custom ROMS, Kernels, performance scripts, battery scripts, fix permissions, clear cache/data partition etc. With a custom recovery you can also partition your external SD card and then use that card as a part of your internal memory via some scripts. This is particularly helpful in devices with low internal memory.
As you can now see, a custom recovery is a must for every Android user that wishes to tinker with his mobile and enhance his user experience and get the best out of their phone. On many forums such as XDA Developers, highly skilled Android developers release custom ROMs, Kernels, Rooting packages, performance and battery scripts, etc.
There are many custom recoveries that are currently available such as ClockWorkMod, Philz Touch recovery, TWRP etc. ClockWorkMod (CWM) is considered by far, the best and most stable custom recovery so far. The main disadvantage with CWM is the lack of touch support, we have to use Volume and Power buttons to scroll and select any option. Philz Touch recovery is based on CWM and provide touch screen support. This makes it really easy to use.
Philz Touch Recovery can be installed on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200) via Odin. Odin is a flashing tool which is to flash softwares on Android devices. The process of installing Philz Touch Recovery is fairly easy but you must follow the entire procedure very carefully. Don’t try to install this recovery on any other Mega variants other than GT-I9200.
Procedure to Install Philz Touch Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 through Odin
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers using our guide.
- 2Download the Philz Touch Recovery for your Mega and extract the zip file (if any).
- 3Download and extract the Odin zip file, you will get a Odin3 v3.09.exe,run it as Administrator.
- 4On Odin, click on AP button and browse the Philz Touch Recovery file.
- 5Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time boxes are checked. All other boxes should be unchecked.
- 6Power off and boot your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously.
- 10You can now disconnect your device and use it normally.
- If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that USB drivers are correctly installed. You can also try changing the USB cable or try reconnecting it to a different USB Port. Kies is also known to interfere with Odin, make sure that it isn’t running in background.
- If you are stuck on bootloop after following this guide, enter Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button. Then wipe cache and reboot.