Installing correct USB drivers can be very easy or as tricky as hell. Drivers Installation for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets can be very tricky sometimes. This occurs due to conflicting software, incorrect driver installation, USB port problems etc.
Sometimes even after multiple tries, users are unable to detect their device on PC. If this happens with you then make sure that you follow this guide correctly.
- 1If your device is connected to PC then disconnect it.
- 2Uninstall any existing device drivers.
- 3Restart your PC.
There are two methods to install Samsung USB drivers on your PC. Both of these methods works for Samsung smartphones and tablets but method one is recommended since it just install device drivers. If first method didn’t work for you then the second method will work with 100% guarantee.
Method 1- Install drivers using Samsung USB drivers setup
This method just install USB drivers without installing any other software. It is recommended since it not only has a success rate of 99% but also doesn’t install any unwanted application.
- 1Download the SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe file from this download link.
- 3Reboot PC after device installation
Method 2- Install drivers using Kies
Although this method will give you 100% guarantee that correct device drivers are installed but it will also install Kies on your PC. Not many users use this software and many times it conflict with other custom flashing softwares such as Odin.
- 1Download Kies from this download link.
- 2Start installation procedure and follow onscreen instructions. Sometimes it may ask to download additional files, let it do so.
One of the above two method must resolve your driver issue. If you still face some problems in detecting your device on PC then follow the below troubleshooting tips.
- 1Try using a different USB port.
- 2Try using a different USB cable.
- 3Try reboot and reinstalling drivers.
- 4It has been seen that some PC’s just simply won’t detect devices, either due to software conflict or they just want us pulling out our hairs. In any case, try a different PC and you will see that your device is detected.