Just a couple of days ago, Google released KitKat 4.4.4 update for Nexus devices. This update surprised everyone since the KitKat 4.4.3 update was released just 16 days ago. Also there were no rumors or leaks regarding KitKat 4.4.4 update.
Unfortunately, this new Android 4.4.4 update doesn’t bring us any new features. This update consists of some severe security fixes with OpenSSL bug fix being prominent among them. If you already have received and installed this OTA (Over-The-Air) update then you might be looking for a way to root Nexus 5 running KitKat 4.4.4 KTU84p firmware.
If you are new to rooting then I must remind you that rooting is the process by which you truly own your device. This means that you can install, add, remove, modify anything that you want. It includes adding custom recoveries, custom ROM, Kernels, performance patches, etc. On one side, rooting presents you with endless opportunities but on the other side, it also exposes your device to hacking attacks. Needless to say, if you are too careless, you might accidentally delete some of system files, so be careful.
We aren’t trying to frighten you, rooting is a awesome but you should also be extra careful. You must also know that rooting voids your warranty. So, if you want to return your device for warranty purposes, firstly unroot your device. Also make sure to make a backup of your important data, just in case.
This tutorial is only applicable to Nexus 5 running KitKat 4.4.4 KTU84p firmware version. Don’t try it on any older firmware.
We are not responsible for any data loss or problems that occur while using this tutorial
- 1Windows PC
- 2Original USB cable of Nexus 5
- 3Rooting toolkit
- 4More than 70% battery life
- 5Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developer Options
[How To] Root Nexus 5 running KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
- 1Download the rooting tool and extract it.
- 2Install the rooting tool by following the onscreen prompts.
- 3Connect your device to PC using the USB cable. Make sure that proper device drivers are installed for your Nexus 5 and PC is recognizing it.
- 5Wait while your device is rooted automatically.
- 6Since this tool doesn’t install SuperSu app automatically, you will have to manually install the app from Google Play.
Congrats!! you have successfully rooted your LG Google Nexus 5 running KitKat 4.4.4 build KTU84P