This post here is to root Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 running FP5 build. Please don’t try it on any other variants of Droid Charge. Rooting is the process of gaining administrator rights on your Droid Charge. Rooting allows all kinds of administrator rights to you like creating Nandroid Backup, backup/restoring apps + app data, editing system files, etc.
This guide assumes that you are running on the latest firmware version F5, if not, please upgrade to the latest firmware before trying this guide. Also make a backup of your important data off your device.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Warranty may be void after following this tutorial. We cannot be held responsible for what happens to your device.
- 1CWM installed on your device.
- 2Root file
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post. Make sure that you have CWM installed on your device.
How to root Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 running FP5
- 1The first step is to install CWM Recovery On Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 using our guide.
- 2Now connect your device to PC and transfer the root file named Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip on your device.
- 3After CWM installation, power off your device and boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see the Samsung Droid Charge logo on your device’s screen. Use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select a option.
- 4Before rooting your Droid Charge, make a Nandroid backup of your device. Although, it’s not necessary, but it will help you restore your device in-case of a problem.
- 6Go back by pressing the Back button and then select reboot system now.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the rooting Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 guide and have a rooted device. After rebooting, your device will have a proper root access.