Chinese companies are breaking their own records from last few months. The Gionee Elife S5.1 was first with a ridiculously slim 5.1mm profile but this time again another Chinese startup company has unveiled a gorgeous slim phone, Oppo R5 with 4.85mm ultra-thin design. It’s so skinny it can’t even fit a standard headphone jack.
Front look, in below image you can see, Oppo R5 looks like the iPhone, but the edges are a little sharper.
The back of the smartphone is very much similar to the iPhone 5 and 5s with its white plastic antenna strips and silver aluminum finish.
From site the Oppo R5 is almost as thin as magazine as and thinner than iPhone 6 plus.
The phone is made of hand-polished aluminum alloy with special liquid-metal phase-shifting cooling elements inside taking the head off the processor cores.
The Oppo R5 Features and Specs
- 2″ 16M-color 1080p Super AMOLED touchscreen, 423ppi
- Android OS v4.4.4 KitKat with Color OS
- Octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU (4x 1.7GHz plus 4x 1.0GHz), 2GB of RAM, Adreno 405 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset
- 13MP autofocus camera, dual-LED flash; HDR, RAW, Panorama, long exposure (up to 15s), 25MP Super Zoom modes
- 1080@30fps, 720p@120fps, 1080p HDR recording
- 16GB of built-in storage
- 4 LTE (150/50Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0; GPS/GLONASS; microUSB
- 2,000mAh battery with Oppo’s proprietary VOOC rapid charging tech
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
Disadvantages of Oppo R5 smartphone
- No 4K video or 1080p@60fps recording at launch
- No FM radio
- No microSD card slot and no higher capacity option
- No 3.5mm audio jack (microUSB to 3.5mm adapter supplied)
- No NFC
- Relatively low battery capacity
It’s true that Oppo R5 doesn’t have some basic features. According to company latest announcement they are planning to enable some of above feature via software updates later.
Source: Business Insider