Android 5.0 Lollipop was released a couple of months before. It turned out to be one of the biggest Android firmware update till now. It brought us completely new Material design and many cool features. Although, as with any new firmware, it also consisted of few bugs. So, mere weeks after Android 5.0 Lollipop update, Android 5.0.1 update was released to fix the bugs in the previous firmware.
Now, AndroidPit, claims that it has heard from two individual trusted sources that we might have Android 5.1 Lollipop to be released in Q1 of 2015. Furthermore, they also claim that they have the the changelog for Android 5.1. According to the site, the rumored Android 5.1 update will contain the following features :-
- Improvements in the Material Design color palette due to users complaint
- Added silent mode which was removed on Android 5.0
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Notifications bug solved
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Sudden App crashing fixes
- Other improvements and enhancements
- Okay Google function bug fix
- Better RAM management
- Sound problem on some devices fixed
- Enhanced battery management
- System stability improvements
Besides these features, there might be several other cool features that AndroidPit was unaware of.
Only time will tell how accurate this leaked information turns out be. Although the leaked changelogs do sound genuine. Since, the Android 5.1 Lollipop is rumored to be released in Q1 of 2015, there will be almost 6 months gap between Android 5.0 and Android 5.1. Google generally prefers to release new firmware upgrades with some months gap between them, so it further ensures that this information leak might be true.
Anyhow, whether this information leak turns out to be true or false, only time will tell. Meanwhile, share with us, your expectations from the upcoming Android 5.1 update. What features you want? Apart from the bug fixes mentioned in the changelog above, what bug fixes you need ?