If you have a new Nexus 5 device, you might have face driver problems while either connecting with adb, fastboot or simply connecting your device to PC when you want to transfer file to/from PC. Many users have faced problems in installing device drivers on their PC. So we have prepared a detailed Nexus 5 ADB and Fastboot installation guide for you.
It’s sad to see that Android devices doesn’t have plug and play support and sometimes it’s very annoying to install the correct device drivers for your device. There are multiple ways to install the correct device drivers on your PC, we have listed all the possible methods that are currently available.
The installation methods below can be used to install Nexus 5 device drivers for ADB and Fastboot mode. But in order to install the correct device drivers, you must be connect in ADB or Fastboot mode.
Get Nexus 5 in ADB Mode
To get Nexus 5 in ADB mode, just follow the procedure mentioned below:-
- 1Enable Developer Options on your Nexus 5, go to Settings -> About Phone -> Build number (Tap the build number 7 times).
- 4Now connect your device to the PC and follow the guides mentioned below.
Get Nexus 5 in Fastboot Mode
To get Nexus 5 in Fastboot mode, just follow the procedure mentioned below :-
- 1Switch off your device.
- 2Now power on while holding the Volume Down + Power button together and releasing the buttons as soon as you see the bootloader screen.
- 3If successful, you will see an Android robot icon on the screen and at the bottom left corner you will see a FASTBOOT MODE message written in red.
- 4Now connect your Nexus 5 to your computer via USB Cable and follow the guides mentioned below.
Try all methods mentioned below; one of them might work for you. (All downloads at the end of the post)
1. LG United Mobile drivers
Nexus 5 is a LG device after all, Nexus 5 is developed by LG and sold and marketed by Google. Thus, LG is responsible for providing support drivers for Nexus 5 device. This might be the reason why Google hasn’t released the device drivers separately.
Many users have reported that installing the LG united mobile drivers, their Nexus 5 was detected on the PC. If other methods doesn’t work on their device, you must try this method.
- 1If your device is connected to PC, disconnect it.
- 2Download and start the LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install the software on your device.
- 3Once the LG united mobile driver has finished installing the device drivers, connect your Nexus 5 to the PC.
Your device should be detected on the PC now, if not, try methods mentioned below.
2. Universal Naked Driver
Since Google doesn’t support Nexus 5 device drivers at present, another good alternative is to install the device driver using Universal Naked Driver package. This package has been recently updated to provide adb and fastboot drivers for Nexus 5.
- 1Download the Universal_Naked_Driver_0.73.zip and use unzip software such as 7zip to unzip it.
- 2Open Device Manager. (On Start Menu or Start Screen, type Device Manager)
- 3Now connect your Nexus 5 to the PC.
- 4If you haven’t installed any drivers for your Nexus 5, then in Other Devices you will find your Nexus 5 (sometimes Android) with a yellow exclamation mark. If you have installed any drivers for Nexus 5 previously, just right click on it and select Uninstall, and then press OK.
- 8During installation, Windows may ask your permission to install the driver, just accept and click install
If this method too failed in getting your device recognized on the Windows, try the method below.
3. Google USB Drive
Although Google hasn’t released drivers especially for Nexus 5 but many users have reported that Nexus 4 drivers are working fine for Nexus 5 as well.
- 1Download and extract the Google USB Driver (latest_usb_driver_windows.zip).
- 2Connect your Nexus 5 to the PC
- 3Open Device Manager (search in Start Menu or Start Screen).
- 4If you haven’t installed any device drivers for your Nexus 5 then you will see Nexus 5 (or Android) with yellow exclamation mark, under Other Devices. If you had installed any drivers previously, then just uninstall them.
- 5Right Click on the Nexus 5 (or Android) and select Update Driver Software….
- 6A new window will open, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- 7Now click on the Browse… button and browse the location where you extracted the latest_usb_driver_windows.zip. Make sure that Include subfolder box is checked and click on Next.
- 8During installation Windows may ask your permission to install the device driver, click on Install.
- 9Once the driver has successfully installed, Device Manager will refresh its list and you will find a new Android Device list item which consist of Android Composite ADB Interface under Android Device.
- 1LG United Mobile Driver v3.10.1 (LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1.exe (Mirror link))
- 3Google USB Driver (latest_usb_driver_windows.zip)
One of these above methods should help you in installing ADB & Fastboot drivers on your Nexus 5. If you are still facing any problems, please provide a comment below. If any of the above method worked for you then please share with us.