This guide here is to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 Running FP5 Build. Please don’t try it on any other variants of Droid Charge. CWM (ClockWorkMod) is one of the most popular custom recovery used by Android users. It provides with ability to flash custom ROMs, Kernels, scripts, create/restore Nandroid Backup, etc.
This guide assumes that you are running the latest F5 build firmware version on your Droid Charge, if not, upgrade to the latest version first. Also make a backup of your important data off the device, just in case.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Warranty may be void after following this tutorial. We cannot be held responsible for what happens to your device.
- 2CWM Recovery File
- 3Samsung USB drivers
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
How to install CWM recovery on Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 running FP5 build
- 1Install Samsung device drivers on your PC using our guide.
- 2Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.zip on your PC. Inside, you will find Odin3 v3.09.exe file along with some other files. Run Odin3 v3.09.exe as Administrator.
- 3Download CWM file named 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5 on your PC.
- 4Power off and remove your battery. Now, plug in your device into PC and keep pressing the Volume Down button, a Yellow Triangle with working Android icon will appear.
- 6On Odin, click on AP button and browse the 0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5 file.
- 7Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Timer boxes are checked. Double check to ensure that Re-partition box is unchecked.
- 1Device stuck up at connection or connection failure – There is some connection problem between your device and PC. Either device drivers were not installed properly or there is some connection with the port. Re-read the driver installation guide again and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned there. You can also change USB port and make sure that Kies isn’t running in background.
- 2Odin shows FAIL! instead of PASS! – Disconnect your phone, close Odin and follow this guide once again. Make sure that you are following this guide properly. If problem persist, post a comment below.
That’s it! You have installed CWM on your Samsung Droid Charge SCH-I510 running FP5 build.